Search This Blog

1/12/2005

Please pass me the ice...

After being offline for a few weeks due to me being a total retard when it comes to computers I'm now back with a blast. Due to me having got used to not having to write much while I was offline I may seem a bit more disjointed than usual in my postings for a wee while.

During my forced sabatical I spent a lot of time reading books, learning how to juggle, learning the Balducci levitation & generally pondering on the nature of existence. Oh, and listening to more music than is good for me. Well, you gotta have a soundtrack in life to keep the Gods that watch over us interested.

Also during my time offline I had some work done on my house. I am now the proud owner of a shower in my bathroom, (where else would you put one?) a shelf in my bedroom and a bookcase in my sitting room.

The things that have become most apparent in the last couple of weeks are... I own a very ecclectic collection of books and music, and I have too much of both. The bookshelf is more than six feet tall, seven feet wide and about a foot deep and I have almost filled it with my books and my LP's.

For the younger people reading this, an LP is what we used to record music on. We didn't have all them new fangled CD things in my day... (We had to walk five miles to school... Uphill both ways... I remember when all this was fields... We had respect for our elders... Mars bars were bigger then... A 10p mixture contained more than 10 sweeties... And you could get a bus into town without some young whippersnapper shouting obscenities at the elderly........)

No comments: