Search This Blog

9/18/2009

And so...

Here we are again. Me sat in front of a computer kicking my brain into gear in order to make some kind of sense of my life and you sat there eating Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia Ice Cream in your underwear... Tuck it in will ya, it's distracting...

So, it's been a while since I wrote anything on here. There's a reason for that but you're not getting to know what it is because there are people who will read it and think I'm depressed or some kind of obsessive and quite honestly I'm not in the mood for that barrel of bullshit.

However; This leaves a gap of a few months in my blog where future biographers will wonder what happened to me in that time (no doubt there will be much confusion in the history department of the Universities of the future and a few wacky theories may arise) and sadly it's just gonna have to be like that.

Because of my lack of wanting to spill my guts I've not really got much to report about how my life has been going in the last few months or so. The more knowledgeable of you will probably know at least a little of what's been occuring in my life so as far as I'm concerned it's all good.

Anyway, I'm still off the demon dope and have been for quite a while now. I'm not keeping a tally of days clean like some kind of recovering addict but it's a good few months anyway. Friends and family have remarked as to how I am a different person (and given that there's a massive difference between a stoner and a straight person I'm not surprised) and I'm making up for lost time with my neices and nephews by visiting them all more often and to be honest it's great.

I'm not one of the "I've done drugs and you should know that there is a horrible price to pay" types though and as far as I'm concerned if you want to do drugs then have at it. So long as you do not steal to pay for your habit of physically hurt anyone fire away my friend.

The most ironic thing inre me getting off of dope is that one day my dad and I were talking about general shit when he said "You wrote better when you were on drugs." How galling is that? To be told by someone who was always against my drug habit telling me it made me better at something I've always wanted to be good at... Go figure huh.

So, that's us up to speed again, I'm glad you decided to keep the faith and stayed with me through thick and thin. You can get even more of me by following me on Twitter by clicking here and you can also get a lot of updates and things I fall across on Facebook by clicking here and I can also be found on Stumbleupon by clicking here.

3 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Welcome back. Twitter and facebook aside, I think your best work will still be here. It always was, and will be in future. As for Dad's comment, he may be right, but the skill of writing is within you, and once unlocked (again) will be unstoppable. i used to think the only reason I rode my bike like a demon was cause I was too drunk to care / know better / be in control of the metal beast. Now that I haven't been drinking for 20 years plus, I still ride it like I stole it. Cause I can! So, into your soul you will search, and the great writer in you you will find, and to us a stream of writings you will deliver. Keep it up!
Salagatle!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Good to see you again Cuzz...

Not that I've been on my blog much these days either. Life in Cape Town is getting as hectic as it was back up in Shit Towne. Maybe I'll post something in the next couple of days...if I feel up to it. Going fishing tonight to try and clear my mind of a load of crap.

Love to the family...

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

Good to see you back and in fine form - we missed ya

Stay safe and well