Search This Blog

10/20/2008

And for my next trick...

It was early today, around 1pm which is early for me, when I decided that I should go and give the front of the pub a wash down to get rid of the accumulated traffic grime. A bucket of soapy water and a brush were grabbed from the cleaning cupboard and off I went.

Looking up I noticed that the windows could do with a wash so I went inside and got the keys for the gratings that cover the windows. As I'm not tall enough to reach the padlock I grabbed a chair from the bar, took it outside and plonked it down in front of the bucket of water, and proceeded to stand on it to enable me to reach the lock.

Having unlocked the grating I swung it open and stepped backwards off of the chair. This is when my left foot landed squarely in the bucket of soapy water. And that was the reason I spent the day wearing a pair of Jenny's other half's jean shorts that were 3/4 length on me due to his being at least a foot taller than I am.

----------------
Now playing: Elbow - Station Approach

4 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Oh, 4 fs! What a move to pull on yourself. Normally the soapy water bucket trick is placed to catch out someone else.
Well, I suppose now you know how it's done, and that it works, so you can do it to someone else!

Hope it don't hurt too much!
Salagatle!

Anonymous said...

Are you ok? You didn't get hurt did you? I sure hope not!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the concern both of you. I'm fine. The bucket however suffered a severe kicking and may need hospitalisation.

A 2 Z said...

You are way to young to kick the bucket Ross. I promise things will get better soon. LOL

PS I think I caught your cold. I am so miserable and irritable and I lost my voice. My kids are delighted Yesterday we had our first snowfall....noooo. Today its windy and cold and I am shivering with a fever. Where's a mommy when you need one....(cough, sneeze, groan)!