Search This Blog

7/25/2008

Memories from an old work place...

Ahh, those were the days... Days filled with witty banter that would make Oscar Wilde chuckle gaily into his handkerchief and order a round of sherry for the whole bar whilst the well to do crowd sat ribalded and enthralled by tales of charm so sweet an... Nope, fuck it, I can't keep typing this without laughing at the imagery so hard it hurts my kidneys.

Anyway, to get you up to speed on the trials of life as experienced by yours truly I've quit my job and have a couple of days off until I begin work at a new place.

The old place was, to be perfectly blunt, a breeding ground for bigots, bawheads and belligerent old bastards that was slowly driving me insane. The new place however is under new management and is the dream of a dear friend of mine who is stupid enough, Oops, I mean willing enough to hire me as a manager.

In other news...

I'm now a reviewer for an international news agency and as such will be working during the festival fringe reviewing comedy shows and judging acts for contention in an international comedy award. Anyone know a good pseudonym?

3 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

"Scott Swahey"?

Good luck, Cuzz...I look forward to reading your reviews, as usual....

A 2 Z said...

Congrats on your new job (both of them). That is great. Pseudonym: barfly? That's not my forte as you can see LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ross, and good luck...can't help with the pseudonym though...as you can guess by my name on here, I tell the truth too much!