Search This Blog

7/29/2008

Having been sacked once before for blogging...

I know it's a rocky road to write about anything work related as it could mean I end up getting shitcanned for voicing my opinion on anything to do with my new job. This, however is no longer a worry as I was one of the two people responsible for the wording of the blogging policy. The general gist of it is as follows...

"Write whatever you want, just don't name names."

So from here onwards anything to do with my work will contain veiled references to people I work with.

We had our opening night on Saturday with a private function for friends and family and all went smoothly. A good time was had by all and there was no drama. The new crew are a good bunch of people to work with and I can see myself settling in nicely. Some of them are old friends and some are new people to me but they all seemed perfectly reasonable and able to do the job.

First off there's The Big Boss Lady who is a very old friend of mine from way back in the mists of time and her hubby, who shall be referred to as Man Mountain, who are the owners of the place.

Next on the list of staff is The Lovely Gee who is a great laugh and who is the sister of the BBL.

Up next is Dexy's, or alternatively The Midnight Runner, who is a workmate from a previous place of employment for me.

Next in line is Tomb Raider. (A sweet young woman who will be irreversibly corrupted by me within a month or so of her working with me on a regular basis.)

The other member of staff, and whom I am yet to meet and therefor does not have a nickname, will be known as T'other One until I get to meet her and see what she's like.

No comments: