Search This Blog

1/08/2008

Welcome to the world...

Prepare to be politicized...

So, you're born as free as the birds, without prejudice or any preconceived notions about life. Then one day you realise that you, for no good reason, are pwned.

Sure, you deny it with the core of your being, you rail against this statement, but one day you'll wake up and realise that you, my friend are being bought and sold down the river day after day after day after day after day.

"But I'm not a slave!" You shout into the void, but, like it or not you are...

A commodity to the collective consciousness of corporations;

You are;
Owned by the overlords of oppression;

You are;
A national insurance number;

You are;
A social security number;

You are...
A bank account;
A credit card;
And a wage slave.

In short you are nothing more than a bag of blood to the leeches who suck you dry day by day by day...

So, what do you do? Do you bow down to the boss? Or do you take arms and fight? Well, generally you do neither. You do what we all do, you find your comfort level & fit in. You swallow your pride and get along.

And why do you do this? Because it is the easy way. Like lightning, seeking to ground itself, you take the path of least resistance because to go by any other way would be too much trouble.

And you can bet your last banana that Trouble with a capital T would rain upon you lie a force ten hurricane if you try to fight it...

Some people, however, will not take the path more travelled. Why? Because their soul; Their Spirit; Their Essence; Their Sotto Voce; Their God; Their Grand Whazoo will not allow them to.

Should they try to ignore The Guiding Voice it will ensure the noise gets;
Louder
& Louder
& Louder
& Louder
& Louder

Until ALL they can hear is The Voice...

Few people manage to listen to The Voice for long. And those who think they can ignore it for any length of time invariably SNAP and find themselves shunned by the very society they seek to change.

The ones who have fine timing, and accept The Voice at the time when it needs to be heard, become Gods amongst men.

Their Image is Icon;
Their Memory is Monument;
Their Spirit is Statue;

And their words become weapons in the war against oppression.

*************************

"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The worst government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression." - H. L. Mencken.

"Power in defense of freedom is greater than power in behalf of tyranny and oppression.”- Malcolm X.

"If a man wishes to rid himself of a feeling of unbearable oppression, he may have to take hashish." - Friedrich Nietzsche.

"Anger Is An Energy." - John Lydon.

"You gotta fight, for your right, To PARTY!" - The Beastie Boys.




12 comments:

twelve_squared said...

OMG

so, A4E sucked, they want you to buckle down and do this thing called find a job...

and they'll go to any lengths, I'm supposing, to brain wash, lead you by the short and curlies, or otherwise threaten and cajole you into doing as they require...

am I close?

sorry, dude... welcome to goverment in the modern world.

I dont know if I've ever told you, I have a social work degree with a specialization in therapy. I never used it because I'd only be qualified to hand out food stamps and send out threatening letters to non-compliant "clients" so I gave it up for my illustrious career in whatever pays the bills. There was a time when it was worse, much worse.

There was a time when we didn't figure we were required as a civilization to take care of those out of work or infirm or retired and so required them to work under penalty of death.

Now we just kill them by making them part of the machine while at the same time selling them a bill of goods that it is their right to have this money but our responsiblity to make them feel bad for it, and pay it back by becoming upstanding members of the society from which it came.

*lol*

it's all shit.

honestly.

the reality is that you need a job. you know you do. what you dont need is to sell out to have it.

it might not hurt to settle down a bit, though? I dont think my idea of doing large venue security is a bad one. I haven't heard from Spike. He's sometimes quite busy and might not be back with me soon. It's flexible, pays well, you get to go to all the shows and happenin' events... and it's irregular hours, so you dont have to knuckle down to any grind.

:)

besides, there's really hot babes at live shows... some maybe even your age... and not 14 with a need to prove themselves.

*wink*

oh, wait, forget I said that... it sounds an entisement and the last thing you need right now is more encouragement to do something bad for you.

bad bad bad Ruth.

*lol*

anyway, my point... because I do tend to ramble on a bit.

thank you for seeing your place and being able to articulate it... I have been there and am still there... it sucks.

work on your book. write. enjoy your time at home with yourself and the rest of us...

and find something to do that earns you money that doesn't suck your soul out of your brains or your brains out of your body...

xxoo

Ruth

twelve_squared said...

I stand corrected... it wasn't the government what got you, just reading and edcuating yourself. *lol*

ruth

Anonymous said...

PS Commenting on your own blog using another persona is too fuckin scary. I'd be really scared if I was you. Wooooooooooo Woooooooooo Wooooooooo

Anonymous said...

Most of us have to eat shit because we have bills to pay, kids to raise clothes to put on our backs.
It's life Jim get on with it

twelve_squared said...

you have a point, Ross... why do you allow annonymous posts? make us own what we say to you, you certainly own what you say... good bad and indifferent.

xxoo

hope today is worth getting out of bed for.

twelve_squared said...

oh, and I'm shit sorry that I started this by misunderstanding your meaning.

I'll be more cautious what I say in the future and make sure I'm clear I'm expressing what I believe is the meaning of your post, not make it seem I somehow psychically KNOW what you were on about.

xxoo

Unknown said...

144,
I have no idea why I allow anonymous comments. I should turn them off but I'd really like to know what that fuckers answer is to my offer to meet up.

Anonymous said...

hey man my reply might have sounded like i was having a dig , far from it,we all have them days where we say " what the feck is it all about""why isin't there something better.
But until that day comes we have to work for the Arseholes in life.
22 years I've been in the same shitty job, they might have my body but they don't own my soul that's mine

Unknown said...

Graham,
At no point did I think that your comment was a dig.

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Freedom and oppresion are a state of mind. U r if u want to be, or not. As for the rest, it's all optional. Think about it.
Salagatle!

Anon - want to borrow my 9mm para so you can play some russian roulette?

Shadows and Starlight said...

Well, with me being in my movies state of mind. And knowing that it sort of matters, but is not nearly as serious as the real people you quoted, would have to add this:

Morpheus: "What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this."
[holds up a Duracell battery]

Good stuff Ross. Very good stuff.

Oh and Anonymous... why don't YOU go get bent. No really... GO GET BENT!

Unknown said...

Shadows,
As I'm in an arguementative mood (being forced to stop smoking because of a lack of money and a chest infection will do that to a rational person.) I feel I must comment on your statement "[that] is not nearly as serious as the real people [I] quoted."
I think it is that serious.

Thousands die needlessly every day because "our" governments are run by politicians who have no interest in making life better for the masses.
Thousands die because "Our" countries drop bombs on others thousands of miles away for no other reason than they have what we want.
Thousands die from the elite playing god with the lives of ordinary men, women and children because "Our" way of life is threatened by a percived enemy who, if we're being honest, is as much of a threat to us as radicals within "Our" own system.

And what do "We" do about it? We allow it to continue because we have been fed the "blue pill" from the day we were born by those who claim to lead us.

And to end this little bit of politics/paranoia (you decide) I too shall leave a quote from a movie...

"Here endeth the lesson."