Search This Blog

12/24/2007

There are good guys and there are bad guys...

It can't be easy being a copper...

I'm sure we all agree we want the bad guys put in jail. But only the bad bad guys. Not the good bad guys. There is. I'm sure you've noticed, a discernible difference between the good bad guys and the bad bad guys.

The bad bad guys are the ones we'd all agree upon. Murderers, rapists, granny bashers, pedophiles etc etc etc... Whereas the good bad guys are the ones who sell drugs. I don't mean the drug dealers who live in the crack house at the end of your road, fuck no, send those fuckers to sing-sing so far as I'm concerned, I'm talking about the good bad guys who sell a wee bit of puff to their friends. These guys aren't bad bad guys, they're care in the community. Jeebus, They're social services.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's ok if they stick at that, but they don't do they, the get young kids on the waccy baccy and from their they turn them into junkies, ask any junkie how they started off and they will, 99% of the time, "just had a bit of a smoke with my mate".

Mammy

Unknown said...

Mammy,
I'm aware of the Gateway drug theory and would be willing to believe it if it were not for the fact that it is plainly wrong.
To counterpoint the gateway theory (and I hope, denounce it) let's apply the same theory to alcohol.
Does a person who is introduced to alcohol via a shandy graduate onto harder drink (Vodka, gin, whisky, absinthe) and then proceed to brasso and milk? Quite simply, No.

Thanks for the comment though.

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ross,

I'm with your mum on this one. It's a rare registered addict who actually starts off on heroin..generally they do start off on the blow/draw/hash/whatever you want to call a wee puff. And many hospitalised alcoholics try to drink the alcohol hand rub (seriously, they do). Do you honestly think they started off drinking stuff like that? That said, I would declare an amnesty for anyone who grows the stuff for their own personal use only (eg for pain relief). But the minute they sold it on, I'd chuck the book at 'em.

And here endeth the sermon...happy Christmas.

SIGHTHILL LADY said...

Everyone who has a shandy does not become an alcoholic, so every smoker of pot doesn't become a junkie. I can understand that. Hoever you only have to look around you to see the damage done by drugs. If you grow a bit of baccy for your own use fine, sell it and add to someones misery, that's a no no. You and I will never agree on this Ross, so we will agree to disagree. Mammy