Search This Blog

12/20/2007

Ok, it's time to clear the air...

There is only ONE movie trilogy worth a fuck.

And no, geek boy, it isn't that bullshit Lord of the Rings thing (Peter Jackson's best film was Bad Taste. End of story. There is nothing left to say. Fin.) or the other trilogy (in six parts) that is so often bandied about, Star Wars. And that trilogy, dear reader, is Back To The Future. That's right, I said it...

And what drives me to say this? The fact that I have just watched BTTF 1-3 back to back and enjoyed it so much I'm gonna do it again straight away. Damned right I am. Who's gonna stop me? You? Ahahahahaha, I laugh at the face of Danger, tweak the nipple of Hazardous Misadventure and give a Chinese wrist rub to Fear on a regular basis.

I once wedgied Death himself you know... No, wait a minute, that was Bill and Ted. Rest assured though the first time I see Death I'm going to give him a wedgie so severe his undercrackers are going to slice through him like a cheesewire through something soft. Warm Brie perhaps.

(After Death has gotten over the uberwedgie and I've stopped laughing I'll no doubt tell him that he was always my favorite discworld guest appearance, we'll go for a beer together and discuss humanities faults in detail and We'll all not live happily ever after.)

The BTTF trilogy stands way above both LOTR and Star wars for script writing, plot, drama, escapism and sheer fun. It speaks to the kid in all of us and deals with something we all wish we could do at some point in our lives.... Time Travel.

The ability to travel through time has captured the imagination of humanity since H. G. Wells' published The Time Machine in 1885 and has, amongst certain circles, been the same ever since.

Shit, I know I for one wouldn't waste a seconds thinking time if the TARDIS were to materialise in my living room and Dr Who asked me if I was busy. I'd be off in a heartbeat bubba you'd better believe it. (It's unlikely really. My living is a bit on the cramped size and parking a TARDIS can't be the easiest of things to do.)

So, there you have it. The argument is closed once and for all.

1 comment:

twelve_squared said...

*lol*

wow.

you're not alone in the Doctor Who thing... not for a second... I think I'd have a moment after I'd gone trying to decide whether I really want to save the world... but only for a moment.

why the hell not... maybe I'd learn some hope for it all in the end.

BTTF... are you taking the piss or being serious? honestly... there are so many better movies out there! I'll submit that for the life of me I cannot name a single trilogy that beats yours, but...

I think the kid in me doesn't want to have to be responsible if I travel in time and space... I just want to go and be entirely selfish in it...

xxoo