Search This Blog

7/22/2007

I was up early this morning...

9:45 to be precise. Which, believe me, is very early for me.

And why was I up at this ungodly hour? Well, mainly because my friend was working and I was popping up to his work clean my scooter. Steff works as a car valet for a large car company here in Edinburgh and he kindly offered me the use of their facilities, chemicals and jet wash to do the deed.

So just before 10am I whipped on my skid lid and headed up to Sighthill. I'd cleaned all the junk out of the glove box (My scooter has a glove box, how cool is that?) and sorted out all the rubbish contained within before setting off so I'd have less to do when I got there. (For the reason that if the big bosses turned up I'd be less likely to get caught nicking their gear to do my scoot.)

It took just under an hour to have the Vespa shining like a new pin. I've never actually seen a new pin so that comparison is based purely on rumour, which as we all know can be a dangerous thing... (I once heard a rumour that the head cheese of a former workplace of mine liked to masturbate over pictures of dogs humping midgets but wouldn't like to state categorically that it was true.)

So, there I am on my shiny (and sexy if I do say so myself) scooter all ready for a nice drive to somewhere picturesque to snap a couple of pictures to post on here and what happens? That's right, I get to where I had planned (Overlooking the Forth Bridge) and it started tipping it down with rain.

But, dear readers, rest assured that as soon as it is possible I'll whip a couple of pictures onto here for you all to drool over. (With the obvious exception of my former boss who'd much rather be drooling over a daschund dorking a dwarf.)

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Every time I wash my bike it rains as well...

Mind you, that might explain the drought in Africa at the moment... :-)