Search This Blog

3/06/2007

I awoke...

And felt the warmth of Her body pressing against my back.

Her arm was draped over my shoulder and her legs were intertwined with mine. Her breath gently tickled the hairs on my neck. I could feel her breasts pushing against my back and her soft knickers against my bum. I looked at the cheap alarm clock on the bedside table. The display said it was 7:14 in the morning.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up." She whispered in my ear. I shivered at the sound of Her voice and turned over so I could look at Her. "Bits of you have been awake for the last half an hour." She continued. A playful look spread across her face. "I'm sure you can guess what bits..." I knew immediately what She was talking about.

"Sorry about that." I said. "It's not everyday I wake up with a beautiful woman snuggled into me. He must have thought it was his lucky day."
"Don't be sorry about it. And who said it's not his lucky day?" She said, sliding her hand down my stomach.

"Wait." I said, taking a hold of Her arm and halting Her hands progress southwards.
"Am I sitting on your keys again?" She asked.
"No, I just want you to know that I'm not just here because I want to have sex with you. I'm here because I never want to leave you." I said, making sure that She understood that I needed more than just a one night stand. I wasn't interested in a one night stand, I wanted this woman to be my love, my lover, the mother to our children and my wife. She lifted Her hand off of my stomach and placed it on my chest.

"I know that." She said.
"Good." I said and kissed Her.
"Ross..." She said, interrupting our kiss.
"Yes." I replied, looking into her beautiful eyes.
"Make love with me." She said.
"Is that what you want?" I asked.
"More than anything." She said, making my heart beat so hard I thought it would spring out of my chest and hit the ceiling.

We made love gently in the early morning light and whispered softly to each other "I love you." Afterwards we lay in each others arms and She told me that She had had a dream about us during the night.

"Really?" I asked. "I hope it was a nice dream."
"It was so real... If that makes sense." She said.
"It makes perfect sense. I had a dream like that Last week." I said.
"What did you dream about?" She asked.
"I dreamed that we got married." I said.
"In a little church at the bottom of a hill?" She asked.
"I can't remember where, All I remember is how beautiful you looked." I said.
"What else did you dream?" She asked.
"I dreamed that we had three children." I said.
"Two boys and a girl?" She said.
"How did you know that?" I asked, knowing that I hadn't mentioned my dream to Her.
"The girl was the oldest wasn't she?" She said, causing a shiver to hurtle down my spine.
"How on earth do you know that?" I asked, dumbfounded.
"I dreamed it last night. She was the prettiest little girl I've ever seen. She had your eyes and my hair." She said, rolling onto her back and staring at the ceiling.

"She giggled whenever I asked her what her name was." She continued.

I turned over onto my side, lay my head on Her stomach and kissed her belly button. One day a beautiful baby girl would be created inside that stomach. Our little girl. I whispered a few words quietly into Her stomach.

"What was that Ross, I couldn't hear you." She asked.
"It was nothing. I was being silly. Ignore it." I said.
She grabbed my ear and pulled it gently.
"Spill..." She said.
"Ouch!" I said, pretending that it had actually hurt.
"Come on, out with it." She said, smiling sweetly.
"I was telling our little girl that I'd see her later." I said, feeling slightly exposed.
"Then you'd better say it to your balls." She said, beginning to laugh.
"Hey..." I said. "That's not very nice."
"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it in a nasty way." She said, patting the pillow Her head was resting upon. I pulled myself up the bed and laid my head next to Hers.

"Did you really dream that?" She asked, looking deep into my eyes.
"Yes." I said.
"Then you'd better get busy, you've got three kids in you that need to be in me." She said, rolling me over onto my back and climbing on top of me. We made love again and dozed in each others arms as the sunshine overtook the shadows in the room.

We took a shower together, spending so long in it that the water began to run cold. I washed Her and she washed me. The sight of her wet hair hanging in small curls and the water gently running down Her face made her look so beautiful that I was lost for words.

We laid some towels out on the bed and lay down to dry in the warmth of the sun that was now streaming through the window. Everything was perfect in that moment of time. Had I died at that precise moment I would have died as happy as I could possibly have been. An involuntary laugh issued forth from me as the thought that I could die now and be happy passed through my mind.

"What're you laughing at?" She asked.
"I just had the thought that if I died right now I'd die a happy man." I said.
"If you die right now I'll kill you." She said, rolling over and playfully poking me in the chest.
"Don't worry, I'm not about to die." I said. "Arghhh, My heart, I think I'm about to have a cardiac arrest." I continued, overacting and pretending to expire.
"Bastard!" She said, punching me in the general area of my nuts. I doubled up in pain and she turned from being playfully angry to concerned as I grabbed my balls and took short breaths.
"Oh, shit, I didn't mean to punch you in the balls." She said, concerned.

I stopped acting as thought I was in pain and smiled at her with a cheeky look on my face.
"Maybe you should kiss them better." I said. She realised I had been kidding and rolled her eyes at me. Half an hour later, after making love again, we dressed and checked out of the hotel.

We walked along the promenade at Portobello hand in hand and found a small cafe where we could have breakfast. For the first time in my life I didn't have a fry up and instead had exactly the same as She had. Brown bread toasted, a poached egg and a small bowl of summer fruits.

"So, where are we going to go today?" She asked.
"How about back to the hotel?" I said, draining the cup of coffee in my hand and putting some money on the table to pay for our food.
"Jaysus, Mary and Joseph, you're a randy bugger." She said, standing up.
"So that's a "No" then is it?" I asked as we left the cafe.
"Who said that? I was merely making a comment." She said, as we continued our walk along the promenade.
"To the hotel!" I yelled, playfully. "Taxi! Taxi! There's never a taxi when you need one is there."

She laughed and grabbed me by the waist. "I'd love for us to go back to the hotel baby but I can't." She said. "I've got some things I need to do tonight, sorry." She continued.
"It's OK, we've got the rest of our lives to spend all day in bed." I said.
"Do you mean that?" She asked, with a look of seriousness clear on Her face.
I looked down into Her eyes and saw that there was a small tear forming in the corner of her eye.

"I'm more serious about that than I've ever been in my life." I said, kissing the tear away.
"Promise?" She asked.
"Cross my heart." I said. And I meant it.
"What is it about you Ross? How can you make me feel so loved?" She asked.
"It's easy, all I have to do is love you and the rest takes care of itself." I answered.
She kissed me softly on the lips and took my hand. "Lets get a move on." She said. "We'd better get back. My flatmate is probably wondering where I am." She continued.

We walked up one of the small side streets that lead onto Portobello High Street and grabbed a taxi back into town. The taxi dropped us off at the side of the Waverly train station and we went into the Waverley market and had a cup of coffee in the food court.

"When do you need to go?" I asked.
"Soon... Too soon." She said, sadly.
"Will I see you tomorrow?" I asked.
"Of course you will, you've got work and so have I. We'll see each other there." She answered.
"I'd forgot about work. In fact I'd forgotten about everything else in the world." I said, as we walked back onto Princess Street.

I stopped a passing taxi and paid the driver to take her home. She hung her head out of the taxi window and gave me a kiss with her hand resting on my cheek in a way that made me feel like I was the only person in the world at that moment. "See you tomorrow." I said.
"Count on it." She said, and told the taxi driver where to take her.

I walked home that morning in a daze. My senses were on overdrive and I'd had the most wonderful woman I could ever hope for. I wanted the feeling to last until the end of my days.

Little did I know.

4 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

And now for my next trick....

Salagtle!

Unknown said...

Hey Wreckless,
I don't quite know what you mean by this. Explain please?

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

I don't know either. I just was at a loss for words. You write so damn well, it's such a "feeling filled" piece, and I didn't know what I could add, other than I knew I wanted to say something, and so I posted a usless comment.

Salagatle!

Great read, and there is abook right there, albeit a "Readers Digest" type short story.

Unknown said...

Hey Max,
I take it you were inferring that I'm some kind of magician? If so then I'm honored.
Thanks for the steady stream of comments man. When I started writing it I was merely documenting that small episode in my life but after reading the comments left by you and everyone else I felt driven finish it.

Once again, thanks.