I'm a writer, me...
I've always wondered just how people would define me if someone asked them to describe me. I know my friends and family have made the following comments...
My Mum told me a couple of days ago that she was speaking to a workmate about her family and she said that I was a writer and a poet. When she told me this I was slightly stunned. My Mum looked at me and said "And that's what you are, isn't it. A writer and a poet."
When my Mum said this to me, I realised that I was. And still am. I'm a writer. I may not be great, I may not create great works, I may not get paid to do it... But Goddamn it, I'm a writer.
Thanks mum.
- A Lunatic. (Sandra.)
- Insane. (Boo.)
- Slightly Mad, but in a good way. (Jenny.)
- You can't describe Ross. (Steff.)
- Sick. (Oswald.)
- A Bam. (Terry.)
- A fat cunt. (Bobo.)
- Silly. (Alex, Cameron, Daisy, Lawry.)
- 'Illy. (Matthew.)
- A twat. (Stuart.)
- Off his head. (Sarah.)
- Eccentric. (Laura.)
My Mum told me a couple of days ago that she was speaking to a workmate about her family and she said that I was a writer and a poet. When she told me this I was slightly stunned. My Mum looked at me and said "And that's what you are, isn't it. A writer and a poet."
When my Mum said this to me, I realised that I was. And still am. I'm a writer. I may not be great, I may not create great works, I may not get paid to do it... But Goddamn it, I'm a writer.
Thanks mum.
Comments
Mum knows. Mums always know.
Salagatle!