Search This Blog

10/05/2006

What is and what should never be...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Other times The Grand Whazoo guides you down a certain path to see how well you cope...

Apparently that's what The Grand Whazoo was doing with me when I was recently in Dublin and fell for the sparkle in the eyes of a sweet barmaid named Kate.

I received another e-mail from Kate yesterday telling me that she is in a long term relationship. But all is not lost as she would like to remain in touch as friends. So I may have lost a small piece of my heart to her but I have gained a friend.

Selah. So it goes.

3 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Ah shite...sorry about that Cuzz. At least it came out upfront...

Hopefully she'll give you a call someday. Alternatively, I know some people in Dublin... :-)

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

I know an ex pat in Dublin. he does knees, elbows, face sags....

Salagatle!

jenny said...

And at least you know and like you say you've gained a friend. Another face you know in the big wide world outside Edinburgh.

It may not be what you hoped for but the experience of the "what if" part when you came home has maybe made you realise carpe diem is more than something to use as a signature!