Search This Blog

9/24/2006

Too Much rum & too little sleep...

Makes Ross a Dull boy.
Too Much rum & too little sleep...
Makes Ross a Dull boy.
Too Much rum & too little sleep...
Makes Ross a Dull boy...

I've always said if you are going to do something then you should do it properly. There is no point what-so-ever in going at something half-cocked and wondering at a later point what may have happened if you had ridden the fucker right out to the edge.

At times this can be a wonderful thing to do. Take falling in love for example, if you throw yourself into it with all your conviction and all your heart you will discover that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Sadly this cannot be said for alcohol.

The more alcohol you put into yourself, the more there is to puke up later after you have eaten a 16" pizza because you thought you were in need of food to soak up the booze. Which, coincidentally, was exactly what I did last night after getting back from getting utterly shitfaced.

I remember being so drunk I tried to chat up every member of the female species I set eyes on. No woman was safe. I hit on the female barstaff, wives of friends, daughters of friends and I have a vague recollection of trying to chat up someone who is probably old enough to be my grandmother.

The things I do when drunk would make you shudder if I went into details so I'll stop now and go back to my bed. At least then I'll be the only one shuddering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you were chatting up the grannies. You love it, you slag.

jenny said...

You didn't go for all the women...I think Eileen and I escaped! Perfect gentleman as ever!

Still I'll not take offence to your failure to chat me up not given you made me laugh so hard I thought I'd wet myself especially at your shouts of "Shafted" which still crack me up...it was well funny...i only hope you can remember it!

Divemaster GranDad said...

What do you mean, you don't get more out of alcohol than you put in? Where else do you get bits of diced carrot from?