Search This Blog

9/24/2006

P.......A......R......T.......Y? Because I gotta.

I've just arrived back from the place I used to work before I was so unceremoniously sacked and I'm so drunk that this post may not make much sense, even after spellchecking. But I'm sure you'll forgive me given that I have had at least ten double rum and cokes.

My Dad is crashed out on the sofa, even though there is a fold out bed less than a foot from him, and is snoring loudly. Trust me it's not a pretty sight. He discarded his shirt with an elan that made me proud to say he's my Dad.

I must say that I am immensely proud of the members of the place I used to work at after receiving a lot of support for the stand I took. Many people have sympathized with me with regard to my situation. I would especially like to thank Melanie P, Gary P, Carol-Anne N, Gary N, Alex, Brian, Heather, Stan, Rena, Yvoone, Susan, Eric T, Rab, Mandy and all of the barstaff. All of which supported me in the stand I took.

As one member, who will remain nameless, said, "You may have lost your job but you kept your dignity."

And that, my friends, is a noble thing to do. Fuck the money, take a stand for what you believe to be Right and Good.

No comments: