Search This Blog

8/03/2006

Retail Therapy...

Is probably good for the kind of people who can handle social situations with something close to elan. Which, as you know, isn't me. My usual tactic in these situations is to be as nice as humanly possible and hope that it doesn't go all Pete Tong.

Thanks must go to The Grand Whazoo as there were no major dramas today when I took a trip into town to have a small browsette through the bookshops and the music shops of the town. All was well and good in the world. With the obvious exception of the Israel-Lebanon situation of course.

And while we're on the subject of Israel vs Lebanon. What the fuck is that all about? I really don't like my neighbors very much but I have no urge whatsoever to blow large holes in their homes and kill their kids while they sleep in their beds at night. Well, that's not strictly true... There are times when I feel like popping a handgrenade through their letterboxes but that's only when they talk about me being in my bed after 1pm in the afternoon.

But I'm wandering... Back to the subject in hand...

I dragged my arse out of bed just after 1pm, hauled myself towards the bus-stop and jumped on the first bus into town. After slipping into the post office to pay the rent on the shithole that I call home I skanked my way along to Virgin to peruse the shelves of three for £20 DVD's. After seeing nothing that floated my boat I shuffled out of Virgin and headed into HMV.

Twenty or so minutes later I found myself standing at the counter with my plastic friend in one hand and four DVD's in the other. The gimp behind the counter took my plastic and popped it into the chip and pin thingy while I wondered whether or not he ever fantasised about going on a killing spree during his lunch hour.

A few seconds later my transaction was completed and I made my way towards the escalator to get out of the shop before the gimp pulled out a .38 and began blowing holes in people. As I stepped off the escalator I spotted a solitary copy of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail for the knock down price of £2.99.

The DVD's I bought were as follows...

Human Traffic. Remixed.
The Odd Couple.
Rock 'N Roll High School.
The Animatrix.

After finishing my shopping trip I hopped onto a bus and headed for my brothers house, where I helped him move some stuff into his new workshop and his lovely wife Julie cut my hair into a very stylish new look.

All in all a very pleasant day.

2 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

utopia! Luxury!

Oh, to be able to sleep late, wander down town to peruse some shelves, "window shopping" buy some stuff cheap, ....

Luxury!

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Salagatle!

Divemaster GranDad said...

LOL...word verification is " MUMPG "...hopefully there's nothing PG about my Aunty P.... :-)

So...where's the pictures of the new haircut?