Search This Blog

7/10/2006

Getting it together...

For the Festival is a bigger challenge than I thought.

In the last couple of days I've read almost every website that has something to do with the Festival, I've sent E-mails to a couple of places asking about Press affiliation and I've tracked down some useful sites.

All in all I'm rather enjoying it.

In other news...

My Boss (Willie) attempted to give me a bollocking on Saturday night. He'd been asked by the treasurer of the club to see if any of the barstaff had called contract taxis for non-staff. He stepped into the bar and yelled at me. "Right, what should I call you?"
"Huh?" I asked.
"Well, should I call you Keith or Johnny?" He said, while waving a piece of paper in his hands.

I realized very quickly what he was talking about and burst into laughter. The rest of the staff; Jennifer, Nicky, Allison, Lyndsay and wee Ross, were understandably out of the loop so they asked what Willie was talking about.

"This idiot has been giving silly names to the taxi company when he's been calling his staff taxi to take him home. Here's one for Johnny Cash, oh, and here's one for Keith Richards. But the best one by far is the one for Mohammed." Said Willie showing them the taxi sheet.

"I couldn't resist it man... They kept asking me for a name so I got creative. And besides, it's fucking funny, you have to admit that." I said.

Willie told us he had had a hard time trying to keep his face straight while the treasurer asked him who Keith Richards and Johnny Cash were. I tried my best not to piss myself laughing and the rest of the barstaff followed suit.

I fully realize that doing so was silly and infantile but, fuck it, I'm not here to take life seriously, I'm here to make jokes and to make people laugh.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Hurrah for you! Anything which even slightly irritates those who wear the badges of power is to be applauded!

I don't have to give silly names to irritate 'em...simply being me is enough!

Anonymous said...

I hate the festival, but I would recommend Reginal D Hunter. He won the Richard Pryor award a couple of years ago. He's crackin, really funny with a kind of philosophical bent. He's my favourite. Check him oot.

I ripped De La Soul for you, I'm in the morns night, I'll leave it for you.