Search This Blog

5/21/2006

Oh lord,

It's Lordi.

I watched the Eurovision song contest last night. Kinda. What I actually did was flick between watching and stabbing myself in the leg with a fork just to make a comparison between the two things. (The results weren't conclusive but I'm swaying towards the leg stabbing being the more pleasant pastime.)

True to tradition the Terry Wogan-Bot was taken out of the storage cupboard in the BBC's special effects department and was plugged in to charge its batteries so it could commentate on the proceedings. (This is the real reason you don't actually get to see the Wogan-Bot at the ceremony. In recent years it can't get past the metal detectors at the airports.)

After fifteen minutes of watching/stabbing I couldn't stay awake anymore and sleep took me.

Either that or I passed out through sheer boredom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are joking, even I didn't watch that and I will watch, just about, anything. What a hoot.

Anonymous said...

I watched the British entry and that was enough thankyouverymuch...he comes from Stockport and he's called Daz, do you really need to hear any more? Lord help us if he's the cream of British talent. Even sunny Stockport (aka Chav Central) can normally come up with better than that. Which isn't saying much.

Unknown said...

Perhaps the people who choose the british entry thought that with a name like Daz there would be a white wash? Or that he'd clean up at the ceremony? After all he was the housewifes favorite...

Oh the cornyness of it all.

Anonymous said...

More corn than a big corn field...