Search This Blog

12/30/2005

Christmas is over.

For another year.

I'm none the wiser, as to why it is that families the world over get together to celebrate the birth of Jesus and spend most of the time either, (A) Arguing or, (B) Complaining that the TV schedule isn't what it was when they were young, or (C) Getting drunk. But that's the joy of it all isn't it?

It's not about doing what Jesus would do were he here, it's all about spend, spend, spend.

Sure, I'll admit that there are some Christians out there who attempt to do what Jesus would have done. There are people who give up Christmas day to go to feed the homeless and there are people who help those who have less than they.

I've just never met any of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll remember that next year and cross you off my pressie list.

love from you know who

Anonymous said...

I know this family, we all grew up together. His parents have always given off their time to help those less fortunate than themselves. His Dad ran the local kid football team and was on many local committess to help the kids of the area. His mum has worked for a major charity as a volunteer for over 15 years. She asks for nothing, not even recognition, just quietly gets on with it. So Ross D next time your doing a head count for those that give to those who have less, count your Maw and Paw in.

An old friend. PS your not such a bad lad yourself. Are you...........

Anonymous said...

WEll what can I say, up yours to lee

Anonymous said...

Back atcha Kev....Ross knows what I said is true...or in my opinion at least. He also know I say it cuz I care...and not out of malice. He also knows what I think of him and it's all good, but sometimes he gets in a funk and needs some encouragement to snap out of it. Since you judged without knowing the facts....bite me.

Unknown said...

Play nice.

Or I'll take your toys away.

Anonymous said...

Kev watching you lee

jenny said...

oh...Kev and Lee. I'm feeling the tension!! This culd be the start of a lovely friendship!! Lol!