Search This Blog

12/14/2005

Booze Ain't Cheap.

When you drink the same amount as I do.

But that's the way it goes. I'm the kind of person who can drink a hell of a lot of booze and still be rational and steady. Not to mention upright.

Which is why the staff party was, to me, neither here nor there on the Ross Scale of Acceptable Party Magnitude. There wasn't enough time to get very very drunk and lairy so it went with more of a fizzle than a bang. But, never mind. Tomorrow sees me off to the mean streets of Glasgow to see Oasis play live at the SECC.

For sure I'll be smash arse drunk for that.

There was a hairy moment today when I asked Steff what time we were leaving Edinburgh and I was told 4pm. "I'm working until 5 man." I said. "Oh fuck." He replied. Not one to worry about such things I calmly said I'd phone one of the part timers and get them to cover my shift for a couple of hours. Problem solved. Or so I thought...

I got home ten minutes ago to find a message on my answering machine from Bobo the manager asking me to start work at 3pm tomorrow, as he has a meeting with a guy from one of our suppliers. "No Fucking way!" I screamed at the answering machine and rapidly grabbed the phone.

Five minutes later, I've spoke to Bobo and it's all sorted. Phew.

No comments: