Search This Blog

11/03/2005

Johnny and the alien. Part 4.

The alien moved across the ship and waved his hand at a wall panel. A large rectangular shape with a small depression in it emerged out of the middle of the floor.
"What's that?" Asked Johnny.
"It is where I sit." Said the alien, bemused by the fact that Johnny didn't know what a seat was.

"Would you like to go anywhere?" asked the alien.
"I should be getting home soon." Said Johnny, remembering his mothers warnings not to stay out too late. "My mom doesn't like me being late and I'm not supposed to go anywhere with strangers."
"Your mother is very wise to tell you this." Said the alien. "My genetic code giver always said to me that there's a lot of nasty things in the Multiverse that will steal you and eat your legs so that you cannot run away."

"Are you going to eat my legs?" Asked Johnny, as he dropped to the floor and sat on his legs so that the alien couldn't eat them.
"No, My species does not eat." Said the alien.
"How do you get energy then?" Asked Johnny, remembering the time his mother had explained to him why people ate things.
"My species absorbs energy from the multiverse. We exist because of it, it exists because of us."
"Is that like the force in the star wars movies?" Asked Johnny, who had seen all the star wars movies with his mom.
"I am unable to make a comparison." Said the alien.
"Why?" Asked Johnny.
"I do not know what a Movie is." Said the alien.
"My mom works in a movie theatre." Said Johnny. "Maybe she could get you some tickets. The theatre might be busy though and you might have to sit next to someone with sharp elbows."
"Negative. I am forbidden from making my presence here known to more than one person." Said the alien.
"Why?" Asked Johnny.
"My mission is to meet one of the prime species of this planet and to evaluate if your species is ready to know the true nature of the multiverse." Said the alien.
"What's a prime species?" Asked Johnny, who was getting a little bit confused.
"The prime species is the species which has evolved to the point in evolution that involves spacetravel. Your species has reached this point. You are to be the subject of my mission." Said the alien.
"But I'm only eight years old." Said Johnny.
"Only in the physical form. You have lived for more time than you can conceive at your present mental age." Said the alien.
"I don't understand." Said Johnny.

Johnny was getting really confused. All this clever talk was ok for adults and scientists like Dr Watson who lived across the street from Johnnys house but to Johnny it was all a bit puzzling.

"I can allow you to understand everything I say to you if you want." Said the alien.
"How?" Asked Johnny.
"My ships computer can insert the knowledge into your brain." Said the alien.
Johnny thought about this and then said, "No thank you. I think I should be going home now." It was getting dark outside and Johnnys mom had told him to come home before the street lights on the road had come on.

Johnny stood up and began to walk towards the steps. "It was nice to meet you though." Said Johnny as he began to walk down the steps to go home.

"Will your spaceship be able to make the flight back to your planet?" Asked Johnny.
"Yes. My craft is fully operational. It will continue to search the multiverse after I report to my superiors." Said the alien.
"You'll get to meet lots of other prime species then." Said Johnny, trying to hide the fact that he was sad to have to say goodbye to the alien.
"I will meet no more prime species. I failed my mission and I will be denied from traveling in the multiverse." Said the alien.

Johnny looked at the alien, it looked sad. There wasn't a sad look on its face, somehow Johnny felt that the alien was sad.

"I'm sorry." Said Johnny, trying to hide the tears that were slowly building up in his eyes.
"You have no reason to be apologetic Johnny. I will return to my planet and do what I must. Even if it means I am deleted." Said the alien.

"Deleted?" Said Johnny.
"Yes, I failed a mission before this one and was warned that if I was unsuccessful in my next mission I would be deleted." Said the alien.
"But it's not your fault, I have to go home, won't they give you a punishment instead. At my school if you do something wrong the teacher makes you sharpen all the pencils before you get to go home." Said Johnny.

"My council does not use pencils." Said the alien.

In the distance Johnny could hear his mom calling his name from the back of the yard at the other side of the woods.

"Your mother is calling you. You must return home as must I." Said the alien.
"But my mom isn't going to delete me." Said Johnny, "Your council is."
"There is nothing you can do to prevent this." Said the alien.
"What if I took the test?" Said Johnny.
"If you took the test you would have to have the Genetic awakening code inserted into your mind and take the necessary tests to determine whether or not your species is ready for the multiverse." Said the alien.

Johnnys moms voice was getting louder. "She must be coming to get me. If she sees the spaceship I'll be in a lot of trouble." Thought Johnny. If his mom saw him standing next to a multi-chronological-dimension-shifter he certainly would be in a lot of trouble.

"But not as much trouble as the alien when the council got to hear that he had failed another mission." Said a voice inside Johnnys head.

Johnny suddenly turned around and said "I want to take the test."
"But your mother is coming. There is not enough time to do the tests before she arrives at our location." Said the alien.
"Then fly somewhere and we'll do them there." Said Johnny.
"Are you sure?" Asked the alien.

As Johnny thought about whether or not to say yes he saw a flashlight beam coming through the trees. It was his mom coming to look for him. Johnny had to make a decision.

"Yes. I'll do the tests, now lets go quickly, before my mom sees the spaceship."
"Affirmative." Said the alien as it waved a hand in the air in front of its seat. The steps whooshed into the side of the spaceship and the hatchway closed. A low humming noise began to get louder.

Johnnys mom stepped around a tree just in time to see the spaceship disappear.

No comments: