Search This Blog

10/12/2005

4:06 am.

The first bird of the day has just begun its morning sing-along. The rest of the birds are probably sleeping. Like normal creatures do at this hour. So why, I hear you wonder, am I not sleeping? Because I'm not normal.

Normal people work 9-5, then go home and watch mindless soap opera's with their mentally vapid wife while their kids beat seven shades of shite out of one another.

Me? I work late, stay up late and sleep late. Which is the way it should be. There's not a feeling in the world like waking up at 1pm, scratching your balls and rolling over for another half hour in the Land of Nod. Which is where I really should be at this point in time, but hey, fuck it. I'm of today so I can do pretty much what I feel like.

Right now, for example, I feel like grabbing my coat and going for a walk.

Walking at this time of the morning is a wonderful thing. There is very little traffic and hardly any people. The streets are clean and the air smells crisp and clean. No Police sirens sound, no-one yells into a mobile phone every three feet, no dogs bark, no kids scream and scamper at the playground.

In short, you get the swings all to yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you've finished your walk .... answer the email to you mammy

Divemaster GranDad said...

Or you get arrested on the swings by a Bobby on his beat for being a pervert prowling around the kiddies park... :-0 ...and no, I didn't have this experience...someone stole our swings.