Search This Blog

9/20/2005

Rude awakening.

There's nothing quite like a nice long lie in your bed. And this morning I had nothing quite like a long lie in my bed.

At 7am the sun came streaming through my bedroom window and shocked me into awakening from a rather nice lucid dream, which for some reason I can't recall at the moment. Perhaps I'll remember the details of it later. Perhaps not, who knows?

I've been lucid dreaming every night for the last week and I'm sure that the reason for this is that I have not been smoking myself into a ganja induced coma before I hit the sheets. If this is the case I think I'll stop smoking as much ganja as I do on a regular basis. Lucidity in my dreams is far more fun than sleeping the sleep of the dead.

In one of the lucid dreams I've had in the last week I discovered that I could fly like a bird. Though not exactly like a bird, they have to flap their wings. All I had to do was to think, with total commitment and belief, that I could fly and lo and behold... We have lift off.

If you've no idea what lucid dreaming is then please feel free to read your way through these links.

http://www.dreamviews.com/

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming

http://www.ld4all.com/

Now I'm off back to my bed to walk in the dream world.

3 comments:

Lena M Bakke said...

So does this mean that you or other people hardly ever dream that they can fly? Or have magical powers? Having to fight evil magical creatures? And other "themes" like that? All my dreams, just about every night are filled up with those things. Which probably is caused by me reading a lot of books and seeing a lot of movies in that genre. But I thought all people's dreams were sort of "unbelivable" where things happen that could never happen in real life, like flying and magic and.... That's why the dreamworld is such a great place to be - and yes why it is so good sometimes to just stay in bed and continue on the dream you just awoke from...

Unknown said...

a lucid dream is when you are aware that you are dreaming. And as such can control the dream.

I'd highly recommend reading through the links at the bottom of the post to find out more and how to induce lucid dreaming.

Divemaster GranDad said...

Cuzzin...the Wiki site is quite interesting reading, and has made me realise that a dream I had when I was 16 was, in fact, a WILD (wake-induced-lucid-dream). At the time, I had the hots for a lass in the next village and one night, went to bed thinking about her. It turned into a lucid dream and ended up being quite steamy...can't remember doing any reality checks though. I think they might have spoiled the dream... ;-)
Maybe I'll try some of the other techniques sometime...right now, I've just woken up and realised I'm still at work...now there's a reality check for you.