Search This Blog

9/27/2005

Have you ever...

Taken the fall for someone else?

Of course you have. We all have, at some point or another. Whether it was taking the blame for something minor or something major, we've all been the sacrificial lamb that gladly hopped onto the chopping block.

I once took the fall for a friend. And lost a friend because of it... Kinda. Allow me to explain...

Once upon a time there was a girl whom I cared a lot about. She had a boyfriend. A friend of mine beat him up. Selah, so it goes. I got blamed for it. Selah, so it went. For more than a month this girl didn't talk to me. All I got was icy stares and accusations, the cold shoulder and the colder heart.

I tried to tell her it wasn't me who beat her boyfriend up. Sorry, no reply. I wanted to tell her that I wouldn't beat her boyfriend up just because he was her boyfriend. Sorry, not listening. I wanted to tell her that I couldn't have beat her boyfriend up, I loved her too much to cause her pain by proxy. Sorry, still not listening. Talk to the hand, the icy stare and the barely hidden look of disgust.

Everytime I saw her cold look my heart got kicked. Everytime I tried to talk to her and got no reply my soul got a smack in the face. Everytime I heard her voice I got beaten up by accusatory remarks. Everytime I wanted to take her in my arms and tell her the truth...

Other people knew but weren't telling. Other people told but weren't believed. And all the while I was losing someone precious to me. Someone whom I loved, someone whom I wanted to give the world, Someone who lit me up, like a beacon for lost sailors she brightened my life.

I gave her small things. I wrote her poems about how the little things are the things that matter. She played me a song and told me that it was what she most associated with me...

You took your coat off and stood in the rain. You were always crazy like that.

4 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Cuzz...You sound like your James Blunt song you blogged about a while back.

Sounds like it just wasn't meant to be....Selah (to quote someone famous ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks to all for the comments.

Special thanks to Steve for the "Someone famous" line.

Extra special thanks to Karen for listening with her heart.

Unknown said...

And as for the question as to who beat up Simon... Honor prevents me from naming the culprit. But then again you really shouldn't dwell on these things. All I can say is that I had nothing to do with it.

Unknown said...

Oh the joys of hindsight huh karen?

I seem to remember telling you that he was a weedy little shit. But selah, so it goes.