Search This Blog

9/06/2005

Change the music, change the movie.

Film Directors, when they seek to set the mood for a scene, often use music to evoke a certain emotional state.

Whether it's to increase the tension that you feel, or to get you on the edge of your seat before the ax wielding maniac pops out from the bedroom cupboard of an unsuspecting blonde and savagely murders her, music plays its part.

The music that you listen to on a day to day basis can also change your emotional state. For example; Someone who listens to Bach's' Prelude in G-minor will be a calm and easy going type of person who enjoys the country air and likes to go off on a shooting weekend with mumsie and pater. Whereas a person who listens to Derek and Clive get the Horn will say "Cunt" a lot.

I'm more of the latter than the former. I've never been on a shooting weekend and I can't stand Bach. But Derek and Clive? Now they're a funny pair of cunts. Ho ho...

I've been listening to a lot of Derek and Clive in the last week or so to try to lift me out of the slight funk I have found myself in. And it worked. Surprisingly.

So what did I do? I popped one of my comedy compilation disks into the drive and listened to some of the finest comedy in the world. Listening to the kings of the laughmasters lifted me from out my funk thereby proving that laughter is indeed the best medicine.

No comments: