Search This Blog

8/15/2005

The unknown Irish love.

Her name was Claire.

With a kiss that has lasted a lifetime she broke my heart.
That little Irish beauty who made my heart and soul one.
She held my heart in her hand and didn't know how much she effected me.
She broke me...

But I still think of her on occasion. A brief glimpse of long black hair while walking in the streets and I am cast back into the mists of my memory. Back in time I slip...

"Jump around" by House of Pain finishes playing loudly at the nightclub and I stager drunkenly over to the riser which sits by the stage in the corner. She sits there with a drink in her hand and smiles at me. The greenest eyes I have ever seen penetrate to my soul. The light splits into rainbows on her sleek black hair and time stops. I see no club, no lights. I hear no sound, no music. My addled mind clears and for the first time in my life I feel euphoric. I know. I see. I love her. I sit next to her and she speaks.
"There you are." she says, her voice like milk running down silk.
"Did you miss me?" I ask.
No other word is spoken. Our eyes meet and lock together. We are drawn towards each other. Inexorably, like mercury at room temperature, our lips move together and we kiss.

... Later. We part. Never to see one another again. I plead for her to stay but, no.

And with that kiss I am left.
Hollow of heart and bereft.

No comments: