Search This Blog

8/19/2005

How many have you broken?

Deadly sins.

For those of you that don't know what they are here's a list.
  1. Pride. Excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
  2. Envy. The desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
  3. Gluttony. The desire to consume more than that which one requires.
  4. Lust. The craving for the pleasures of the body.
  5. Anger. Also known as Wrath.
  6. Greed. The desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. Also called Avarice or Covetousness.
  7. Sloth. The avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
I'm pretty sure I've broken them all at some point or another.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh yeah, pretty much every last one of them. Right now, I'm in the clenches of Lust, with someone I shouldn't be. So, yeah, I guess I'm just going straight to hell.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment deb.

Good luck with the lust thing. I hope it works out for ya.

Just Some Guy said...

At least 6 of the 7, and probably all of them. Not sure i'm that prideful, but then again i'm to modest to say so.