Search This Blog

7/30/2005

"Compulsive reading."

A reader of this blog, who also happens to be a member of the club I work at, told me the other day that he found my blog to be "Compulsive reading."

This of course made me feel proud and swelled my head no end. Until he told me that his wife wasn't very happy about being described as "About as attractive as Maggie Thatcher" in one of my posts. I searched my mind to try to think if I had ever compared his wife to Maggie Thatcher. Nothing came to mind.

He explained that he had been reading the post describing my New Year and I instantly remembered the reason I couldn't recall it. I hadn't posted it on this blog. I had posted it onto a small sideshoot of this blog called "Ranting into the void" which was a small, and inconsequential blog project that I had abandoned aeons ago.

As the realization of what he was talking about dawned on me, I laughed and told him that I hadn't specifically meant his wife and that my words were a generalization and were not intended to offend. For a second I thought about telling him that from my memory I remembered that his wife was a very attractive woman but knowing that doing so can, on occasion, cause men to whip out a fist, I promptly forgot about it.

And it's probably just as well I did. He's an ex-cop and could cause me quite a lot of damage in a punch up... They know things about hitting people in places that can do a lot of damage to a human body but don't show up... Ho ho.

No comments: