Search This Blog

7/12/2005

Another scorcher.

It's still hotter than hell here in Edinburgh. So much so that I've spent the morning lying on my bed.

I can't take this heat. It's murder. I keep expecting to see the birds drop out of the skies above me, their wings aflame and making terrible noises. I'm sure if this weather keeps up I may witness just that. That's if I haven't went up in flames like a human shaped roman candle. Whooomph.

I'm working tonight so I'll no doubt be sweating like a Nazi at a war crimes hearing and cursing the club for not having any modern way of cooling the club down. That place is so outdated I consider myself lucky that it actually has windows. I'll just have to keep a sink of cold water in the kitchen and once in a while dunk my head into it to keep cool.

So now I'm off to have a shower to get ready for work. Doing so will no doubt make me more sweaty than I already am but what can I do? Move to the Arctic? Fuck that. I'd only start whining about how cold it is...

No comments: