Search This Blog

6/22/2005

Take a deep breath...

And try not to lash out with the fist...

I'm a patient man and I'm not a violent man. But there are times when people just get so far up my nose that the little voice in my head gets loud enough to drown out all the other thoughts in there and it screams at me... "Punch this arsehole in the mouth! Do it now! Hit him, kick him, poke him in the eyes, anything... Just do something to shut this fucking retard up!"

I had an occasion like that today at work when one of the members complained that the Make Poverty History demonstration was nothing but "A bunch of leftie loonies attempting to relieve themselves of a little guilt at not having done enough recycling by snarling up the Edinburgh traffic for a day." I felt that I should set him straight so, in a cool and calm manner, I asked him if he thought it was correct that millions of kids were dying from easily cured diseases.

"They're still going to die, It'll just take a little longer." He said, in a feeble attempt at humor.

"And so are you unless you get the fuck out of my sight you moronic prick." I said with anger and rage perceptible in my voice and he did as I'd suggested.

Some people amaze me. Others, like the monkey I just told you about, make me want to hit them. Hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

read your comments. Dougies always like that with a drink in him. DAD