Search This Blog

6/05/2005

Notes from Africa. Part 4. Guinjata Bay. Day 2.

I think I may be slightly hungover. I don't know if it was the six packs Steve and I drank last night or the rum and cokes I sat drinking until 4am while chatting to Tamlyn or it's due to the fact that I've not smoked as many cigarettes as I normally do. Whatever it is I'm coughing my lungs up and have a pounding headache.

The second day in Guinjata bay has been spent at the beach splashing about in the surf, snorkeling and sunbathing. The beach here is awesome. There is nothing to look at but the golden sand and the waves as they lap the shore.

The sand under my feet squeaks. I've never known sand to do this. It's bizarre.

After a few hours on the beach we go back to the hut and get ready to go to the pub for a couple of drinks and a few games of darts. Steve digs his GPS gadget out and informs me exactly where I am in the world. I'm sitting at South 24 degrees 4 minutes .437 seconds East 35 degrees 29 minutes .783 seconds. I joke that in a thousand years time my followers will be making pilgrimages to the very spot where I sat. I don't think that's very likely but it costs nothing to dream.

No comments: