Search This Blog

6/30/2005

It's just around the corner...

And it's not a song by Ingrid Chavez.

It's the G8 summit.

Edinburgh awaits with baited breath to see how much damage is going to be caused by those "Nasty anarchist people." But not me. I'm better prepared for the chaos and mayhem that is going to happen according to some sources. I have a Kevlar helmet and a cricket bat if the worst comes to the worst and Edinburgh spends three days under martial law due to Mcdonalds, GAP, Starbucks and the headquarters for the RBS being set alight by anticapitalists, anarchists and Edinburgh Neds.

If the dungheap does indeed hit the windmill I shall answer the call of duty, strap on my helmet, crab my cricket bat for personal protection and get right into the foray complete with camera and notebook & pen to document the goings on. I'm just stupid enough to do so as well. Why not? If some fool journo is not game enough to get his face mashed for the good of reporting then I'm game to give it a bash.

And besides, as a resident of Edinburgh I know what streets lead where, and how to get into those areas that may not be open to outsiders.

2 comments:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Cuzz...how do you "crab" a cricket bat? Maybe you've just stumbled on the description of what's wrong with the SA cricket squad... ;-)

Lena M Bakke said...

I sure would've liked to be there. Hope you'll tell us who can't join you all about it!