Search This Blog

5/16/2005

Musicality.

If you said to me in a proud and happy voice "How do you fancy going to see a musical?" I'd ask if you had totally lost your mind. Musicals and I are like chalk and cheese, Oil and water, Armed forces and peaceful resolutions. But now I'm not so sure that this would be my reply to you if you asked me that question this week.

Last Saturday Steph, Steve, Tami and I all took a ride into Joburg town center to see the musical Chicago. And, much as it pains me to say it, I actually enjoyed it. I was even singing one of the songs as I stood in the foyer after the show had finished.

After the show finished we hopped into the car and shot across town to the restaurant "Moyo". Take my word for it, If you are ever in Joburg do yourself a favor and book a table at this restaurant. It blew my mind. And that aint an easy thing to do. I've drank a bottle of absinthe in one night.

Another thing to do, if you do somehow find yourself in joburg with no plans for what to do for eats and decide to check out Moyo, is when you phone up tell them it's your birthday. Even if it isn't. Lie, deceive and be dishonest, it's worth it.

The table that we were next to had someone at it that had a birthday and the staff of this marvelous restaurant went all out to let make it a special night for the birthday girl. In an Edinburgh restaurant you'll be lucky to be able to have a cake brought to your table, and remember to provide the candles, at Moyo you don't just get a cake brought to your table, you get three African drum players and all the staff dancing as though possessed by the devil. A marvelous sight indeed. And well worth doing penance for if you are of the Catholic faith, or burning in hell for if you wanna take that chance.

This restaurant is above and beyond a dining experience. I'd call it a lifestyle choice.

No comments: