Search This Blog

4/09/2005

Shooting Stars and satellites.

I've just returned from Stirling having went to see my Mum in hospital after she took a fall down a slope and broker her leg. She's got a cast on her leg and is in good spirits.

She had no idea I was coming to visit, which gave her a nice surprise, and when she saw me standing at the door to her ward she did a double-take and then broke into tears.

Afterwards I went with my Dad to the village of Callender, where the house my Mum had rented for her holiday was, and spent the rest of the evening joking with my Brother in law, playing with my nieces and nephews, drinking bottles of lager and winding my Sister and my Dad up. As I always do when the family get together. The only things missing were my Brother, my Sister in law, my youngest nephew Matthew and my Mum.

At about 1:30am I went into the garden at the back of the house, lit a joint and stared upwards into the starry night. There was very little cloud cover, and virtually no light pollution, so I could see far more stars than I get to see in Edinburgh. I watched the sky, saw a Shooting Star and thanked the stars for another day.

No comments: