Search This Blog

4/03/2005

S, h, o, p, p, i, n, g.

I hate it. With a passion. At times it must be done though. Today was one of those times.

Sara flew home to Sweden yesterday and I got a decent nights sleep last night back in the womb that is my bed. At just after 1am I staggered into my bedroom, slipped off my T-shirt and jeans and threw back the covers on my bed to find a piece of A4 paper slipped between the sheets.

I expected it to be a note from Sara thanking me for letting her stay at my place while she was over on holiday and I was correct in this assumption. What I did not expect was to find £40 tucked inside it. What the fuck? I thought, What the hell is this?

I read the note...

Hi Ross,
Just wanna say bye and thanks for letting me stay at your house.
The money will be for petrol and stuff.
Dont go daft, see it as holiday money seeing as you took a holiday and didn't get paid.
I say you should probably stay at the club, I can't pay you as much as they can!

Well, Goodbye and I'll see you next time.

Sara.
I quickly sent off a text message to her mobile saying that I wasn't looking for money from her and that it was my pleasure having her stay for the week.

So, this morning I went into town to spend this unexpected windfall. As I sat on the bus into town I considered spending it on DVD's but after wandering through the DVD section of both HMV and Virgin and seeing nothing that took my fancy I sauntered into Waterstones to see if there were any books that caught my eye. None did.

Having not seen anything in Waterstones that caught my eye I wandered back into HMV and tried to find something that lit my fire. It was then that I saw it. "Bill Hicks. Agent of Evolution" by Kevin Booth. £14.99. That's the fucker for me. I thought.

I wandered around the book section of HMV and picked up not only "Agent of Evolution" but also...
  • "The Trials Of Lenny Bruce" Ronald K.L Collins & David M. Skover. £4.99.
  • "Kingdom Of Fear" Hunter S Thompson. $5.99.
  • "On The Road" Jack Kerouac. £2.99.
  • "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" Ken Kesey. £2.99.
These will be read and assimilated into my knowledge base in the coming days.

No comments: