Search This Blog

4/07/2005

One day closer...

To Africa.

My friends, Oswald and Steff, were trying their level best yesterday to scare the shit out of me with horror stories of shark attacks, malarial infections, lion attaks, snake bites and all other manner of things to scare me. At one point I fully expected to be informed of minature ape people who sneak into homesteads and steal your breath as you sleep. Luckily it didn't go that far.

Whatever happens in Africa I'm pretty sure there is very little chance of minature apes stealing my breath. But you never know what strong Durban weed will do to your perception. And, after all isn't that what life is? A perception. A view from a singularity. Perhaps. Or maybe not. Damned if know.

And now I'm off to bed. I'm too stoned to stare at this screen for much longer. So it goes. So I go.

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

Hiya Cuz...

Actually, your pals aren't as far off as you think they are. All those things they mentioned, can or do happen (normally to fuckwits who get out of their cars in the Kruger Park, divers who do daft things, or walkers who don't watch where they're putting their feet).
Apparently, even getting your breath stolen happens...if you're a Zulu you'd believe that anyway. There's a mythical creature called a "Tokolosh" who is a nasty little fucker in that it (it's sexless) gets young women pregnant in their sleep, without them knowing it (I shit you not). That would be enough to steal your breath away if the missus ended up with someone else's bun in her oven.