Search This Blog

4/29/2005

Fuck me....

Friday has arrived. Which means that, technically, I have only one more day until i'm off to Africa for the month.

When I went in to work today I was asked by Nikki if I was excited. I say asked, what she actually did was jump up and down like an overgrown kid while screaming at me "Are you excited? huh? huh? Are you?" This grew rapidly tiring for me. I let her know this was my current emotional state by telling her to stop it or I'd be forced to terminate our friendship by giving her a right good kick in the cunt. She told me to cheer up and stop being such a grumpy bastard....

I would have resented that remark if it were not for the fact that at that present time she was correct. I was being a grumpy bastard. But that's me. Love me for who I am, or fuck off out of it and stop bothering me... Ho ho.

The time I spent at work today dragged by very slowly and I was forced to while away the night by spending 5 hours watching TV and bitching about how much british TV sucks. Do I have a tough job or what? Answers to the usual address...

At 9pm while I was flicking through the channels I stumbled across the performance channel and was delighted, nay, overjoyed, to see that Neil Young was playing an accoustic set. I went into the bar and poured myself a nice long Skippers Rum and Coke with ice and settled down to watch.

Just as I was almost perfectly comfortable a member of the club walked in and asked me to "Switch that shite off and put the snooker on." He was rapidly told to remove himself from my view. Actually, I told him to fuck off. He took the hint, thankfully, and I settled down to watch Neil Young play some of his best, and most loved, songs.

I sat listening to Neil Young and the words he sang, if you can say that about Neil's vocal talents, seemed to me to be painting pictures in my head. Pictures of loves lost, Loves never chased, Dreams never fulfilled and quests and questions left unknown and unanswered. I certainly felt a connection with his style of music. Perhaps I was reading too much into it. Who knows...



And now as I have another shift to do at the club in 9 hours time I'm off to bed. Stay happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cheeky get...Any way hope you have a fab time and forget all those grumpy fuckers at the club..wish Jen and I were able to have a drink with you before you went.. Just an excuse to have one when you get back....IF you get back...he he ..Have a good one...Nikki