Search This Blog

4/26/2005

Dull day.

I have to do three more shifts at my work. Bummer.

I got up particularly early (9am) today to get my arse over to the bank to cash my wages cheque. I was mildly surprised when the, rather attractive, teller informed me that my cheque was cleared and that my cash was sitting in my account. I expected it to take a couple of days to clear. Mucho Supriso for me.

When the teller told me that my cash was in my account I must have looked pretty stunned as she asked me if I was feeling alright. Perhaps it's the vacant and somewhat retarded look that I adopt when put into a situation I can barely comprehend.

"Did you just say that the cash was in my account?" I asked.
"Yes. Isn't that what you wanted?" She replied, while looking at me with what seemed to be pity in her eyes for the retarded monkey boy that she was currently faced with.
"No, I mean yes... That was quick. I was expecting it to take a couple of days." I said, in a moment of confusion.
"I can deposit the cheque in your account if you want and it'll clear sometime on Monday morning if that's more convenient for you." She said, smiling.
This caused me to panic and blurt out "Fuck No, Shit, Argghhh, Help, Oh Fuck.. Don't do that. Please, I beg you. I need that money ASAP I'm off to Africa on Saturday and need to get it changed into Rand. Please stop typing into your computer.... Oh shit. Help, Police, Army, Coastgaurd... Mother..."

She explained to me that she was merely answering an internal E-mail and I calmed down to a mild panic, smiled weakly, picked up my receipt and cash card and left the bank before the poor girl took to pressing the alarm button beneath the desk to summon the appropriate authorities to have me removed from the bank.

No comments: