Search This Blog

3/20/2005

Chaos on the horizon...

There is to be a re-enactment of the crucifixion of Christ in Edinburgh on Easter Saturday and I'm going to go along. Just for the laughs.

Nothing much about the crucifixion is very funny, you may think, and you would be abso-fuckin-lutly correct about that. But imagine being there and seeing a guy with a large banner reading "Nail him up!". That's funny. This is what I shall be doing. While wearing a T-Shirt that says Suicide Bomber.

Now; You may be thinking that doing this is highly offensive to Christians all over the world, and once again you would be correct in this assumption, which is exactly why I'm going to do it. Religion is the biggest mindfuck ever invented by mankind and for what it's worth I'm going to tell as many people as I can that this is so. The time has come to realize our full potential, let's drop this bullshit about there being an invisible bogeyman in the sky and wake up to our destiny. A world of Peace and love.

I spoke to my brother in law who is a brother in law (he's a cop.) to see what, if anything, I could be arrested for for protesting in public. He said I would be asked to move on.
"And if I don't?" I asked.
"You'll be told to move on."
"And if I don't?" I enquired further.
"You'll be arrested." He stated.
"For?" I asked.
"Public nuiscence or breach of the peace." He said.
"What's the punishment for that?" I asked.
"Fine. Probably a couple of hundred pound. You may get bound over to keep the peace for a couple of months." He told me, then asked why. So I told him my plan. He shook his head and said quietly, "Don't", Which I knew to be him warning me that it would be frowned upon by my family.

I'm not bothered about any flack I may get from my family, or from anyone else for that matter, so I'm going to do it and let what is to happen happen. If I do get arrested I'll be filling a tickbox on my list of things to do before I die so there's nothing to worry about.

The only possible thing I may not be able to control in doing this is that I may be lynched by a gang of angry Christians. They may re-enact the Crucifixion in more ways than one.

No comments: