Search This Blog

3/28/2005

Around the world in a day.

All is good on the Good Ship Ross' blog.

According to my statcounter I am beginning to get returning visitors. Quite what I write that you find so interesting is beyond me but I'm not about to question your wisdom. You gotta be smart to keep coming back. Thanks for that. It's appreciated.

This morning was spent paying a visit to the wonderful world of IKEA with my Mother in full on shop mode. I have no idea how she manages to have so many opinions on furniture and fittings. Perhaps it's a woman thing. Should she ever feel like a change of career she'd do a good turn of trade in the interior design business.

Until this morning I didn't know chairs, stools and office furniture had personalities. In my mothers opinion they do. A very nice stool I spotted for at my computer desk was dismissed in the blink of an eye as having "No character."
"Fuck me" I thought, "I want to sit on it, not spend the evening quaffing sherry and discussing politics with it." But so it goes.

After about two hours of bank holiday hell I finally snapped and pleaded to go home like a little girl out on a school trip who can feel warm piss running down her legs. It was pityful; But it worked and I got to go home and have a cup of tea, a cigarette and a lie on the couch while my mother reminded me to change the sheets for Sara arriving tommorow.

The rest of the day has been spent idling about in the house watching Richard Pryor, Bill Hicks, Twelve Monkeys and the final episode of Roots while practising my Diablo technique.

All in all a rather enjoyable day.

No comments: