Search This Blog

12/04/2004

For the good of the public? Blow it out your arse McConnell.

Smoking is to be outlawed in public places in scotland as of spring 2006.

How much do I want to kick Jack McConartist in the nuts? Lots and lots and lots.
Not only for the reason that after the ban is in place I'll have to go outside and stand in all kinds of weather to smoke my cigarette but because it is all being done under the guise of it being a Public Health concern.

If the Scottish Pissartistment is so concerned with the health of the general populace then why don't we see reports on the news of armed employees at BP Grangemouth holding back government troops in a fierce gunfight to stop the government closing the oil refinery down?
Or even reports of Human Rights campaigners complaining about how the police are being a bit heavy handed while confiscating 4X4 vehicles? (Surely you don't require a 4X4 that drinks petrol and oil for it only to use the 4X4 drive when it mounts the kerb at Sainsburys.)

What I'd like to know is this, If I start my own business from home and set aside a room to use as my office will this be considered a place of work? More to the point will I be able to smoke in my own house? Laugh if you want. It's coming.


They came for the smokers and I did not speak out because I was not a smoker....

No comments: