Search This Blog

10/05/2004

Rendez-Vous ( Live Version ) _AERO_

I'm sitting here listening to Jean Michel Jarre's new album AERO and I'm in absolute amazement how one piece of music on it has moved me to tears.
As the sound of a helicopter rotor blades whips through my mind the noise of hundreds of thousands of people cheering, clapping and reveling in the sheer joy of music builds to a heart lifting crescendo.
For the next seven minutes and thirty-four seconds I floated on a cloud of emotion. Chemicals within my body sent signals to my mind. Images formed of me standing in Paris on the Champs Elysees watching the Paris night sky light up with lasers and searchlights.
In my mind I turn and see before me the face of a woman. Her face is warm and friendly. She smiles. My mind shows me our future. She, warm in my bed, at my side, with my family, with my child, in our home. Wonderfully happy years pass in seconds. Days of strife are gone and forgotten in the blink of an eye.
The picture in my mind fades as the music reaches a climax. My heart is lifted with such a feeling of hope and of wonderment when my memory produces the information that planets slowly vibrate. Music and sound created at a level I cannot perceive made my existence possible. My heart begins to race as I realise this beautiful dream must end. As sure as death comes to us all. The music ends and I breathe deeply and open my eyes...

Because of music I was transported to another dimension and felt naught but unbridled love.

No comments: