Search This Blog

10/29/2004

"I fought in a war you know."

I hear that all the time thanks to where I work being mostly populated by people over the age of 70-80. And to be honest with you I feel like killing them where they stand.
That annoys the shit outta me, the whole attitude that anyone older than you should be treated with respect at all times. Fuck that. I respect those who deserve my respect.
The one that gets my goat the most is when you are sitting on a bus which is full to capacity and some doddering old cunt gets on and flashes his concession bus-pass at the driver, approaches you and looks at you like you are something that the dog shat out on the patio and says something along the lines of "Are you not going to let an old man sit down?"
My usual reply is "Fuck off... I paid for this seat. you got on for nothing."
For some reason this causes anger and rage surge through their feeble frame and they begin to rant about how "If it wasn't for me and my generation fighting in the war you'd be speaking German sonny."
Being an uncaring cunt when it comes to arrogant old fuckwits who think that the world owes them something because they were stupid enough to join the armed forces I always let loose my opinion on this...
"Listen Adolf, I didn't ask you to go fight in the war. Why don't you and the rest of the chelsea pensioners just shuffle off this mortal coil and let the rest of the world get on with life. The war ended almost 60 years ago, and frankly no one under the age of forty gives a fuck how many poor, innocent pricks you killed in the name of freedom... At your age you're lucky to be still breathing... Do us both a favour and stand for the rest of the journey, face it, at your age you aint got long left so if I was you I'd get in as much standing up as you possibly can before you get stuffed in a box and have a nice long lie under six feet of earth."

1 comment:

Stuart Douglas said...

None of which changes the fact that (a) they did fight in the war and (b) you would be speaking German if they hadn't. These people should be given respect because they've earned it in a way that you and yours (including me) have never done and will, hopefully, never have to do.

To trivialise that fact is, frankly, a pretty poor show Ross...